(1) Typically courteous, he began his acceptance speech by offering copious thanks to all and sundry.(2) The company was also going after talent in rival services outfits, said Livermore, and was getting an 80% acceptance rate to offers it was making.(3) an acceptance speech(4) Dick was quite moved, and in his acceptance speech he named all the people who had helped make his dream come true.(5) Bowling for Columbine was already a success before it won the Oscar for best documentary, but the award - and Moore's controversial acceptance speech - gave the film an extra bounce.(6) What this passage illustrates is not only the possibility, but the general acceptance , of the idea that language is separate from identity.(7) Underlying these explanations is an acceptance of the foundational ideas of the Antigonish Movement.(8) There are the same paradoxes with rejection of some Western ideas and acceptance of others.(9) Thus, their acceptance of those offers certainly did not mean, as Mr. Lister implied, that those parents no longer wanted a place at St. George's Prep.(10) All parents want happiness for their children, and social acceptance is a critical factor at any age.(11) However the cause of his suicide may have been wrongly attributed to the lack of acceptance of his ideas.(12) His evidence in favor of such a shift is instructive of his thinking and acceptance of Darwinian ideas.(13) In one man is embodied the rise of black America from poverty and social exclusion to acceptance and eventual success on its own terms.(14) This year she told the crowd that she had just realized her dress was completely see-through; she spent the rest of her acceptance speech with her legs firmly together.(15) Receiving them was a mark of acceptance in a social group.(16) If Sonntag is right, the average acceptance of these beliefs should be the same between groups of students from scientific versus humanistic studies.
(1) letter of acceptance :: նամակ ընդունման
(2) acceptance test :: ընդունման փորձարկում
(3) acceptance speech :: ընդունման ելույթը
(4) conditional acceptance :: պայմանական ընդունման
(5) acceptance sampling :: ընդունման նմուշառում
(6) acceptance check :: ընդունման ստուգում
(7) acceptance testing :: ընդունման փորձարկումների
(8) banker's acceptance :: Բանկիրի ընդունման
(9) acceptance rate :: ընդունման մակարդակը
(10) self acceptance :: ինքնակառավարման ընդունման
1. receipt ::
2. undertaking ::
3. yes ::
4. welcome ::
5. belief in ::
6. compliance with ::
7. toleration ::
8. credence ::
9. banker's acceptance ::
10. adoption ::
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
Nobel Prize ACCEPTANCE ceremony
streaming live from Stockholm.
The Big Bang Theory Season 5, Episode 11
...in someone else's Nobel Prize
The Big Bang Theory Season 4, Episode 18
I can't mention you
in my Nobel ACCEPTANCE speech.
The Big Bang Theory Season 3, Episode 1
I'm composing my Nobel ACCEPTANCE speech
for when I've solved the Penrose conjecture.
The Big Bang Theory Season 8, Episode 6
an outward appearance
The Big Bang Theory Season 7, Episode 18
English to Armenian Dictionary: acceptance
Meaning and definitions of acceptance, translation in Armenian
language for acceptance with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of acceptance in Armenian and in English language.
Tags for the entry 'acceptance'
What acceptance means in Armenian, acceptance meaning
in Armenian, acceptance
definition, examples and pronunciation
of acceptance in Armenian language.