Noun(1) the (prehensile(2) a hired laborer on a farm or ranch(3) something written by hand(4) ability(5) a position given by its location to the side of an object(6) the cards held in a card game by a given player at any given time(7) one of two sides of an issue(8) a rotating pointer on the face of a timepiece(9) a unit of length equal to 4 inches; used in measuring horses(10) a member of the crew of a ship(11) a card player in a game of bridge(12) a round of applause to signify approval(13) terminal part of the forelimb in certain vertebrates (e.g. apes or kangaroos, Mass.(14) physical assistance
Verb(1) place into the hands or custody of(2) guide or conduct or usher somewhere
(1) Bradford's Industrial Museum has been giving a helping hand to a textile archive in Leeds.(2) Good luck to James, who is from Curry, who is a top hand at getting all the top name bands for the fans.(3) Car parking is supervised by Roy who is no mean hand at turning out a tasty tiramisu when occasion demands.(4) she walked in, notebook in hand(5) He had a hand in all four goals that gave Celtic an astonishing victory over the Serie A giants.(6) he had a big hand in organizing the event(7) I was just about to bend over and pick it up when who should hand it to me but John himself.(8) she is still trying to get her hand in(9) his idiosyncratic hand(10) hand in the main!(11) I presume the both of them cannot understand English but my hand signals were clear enough.(12) Step forward our friends at - you guessed it, give them a big hand - Scotland on Sunday.(13) The CO gave us a hand signal to show that we had to climb up into the clouds to over 6,000 ft.(14) She was holding a duffel bag and pair of high heels in one hand , and a bottle of Tylenol in the other.(15) It does not matter that they are multiples or that we cannot actually see the artists' hand in the facture of the work.(16) his fans gave him a big hand
(1) on the other hand :: մյուս կողմից
(2) hand over :: հանձնել
(3) hand in :: հանձնել
(4) on the one hand :: մի կողմից
(5) hand off :: ձեռքը դուրս
(6) hand down :: փոխանցել
(7) at hand :: մօտեցել
1. palm ::
2. pointer ::
3. control ::
4. help ::
5. handwriting ::
6. worker ::
7. hired man ::
8. script ::
9. manus ::
10. deal ::
11. bridge player ::
12. helping hand ::
13. pass ::
14. give ::
1. employer ::
hand, handed, handful, handfuls, handily, handing, hands, unhand, unhanded, unhanding, unhands
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
Thus giving him
the upper HAND.
Breaking Bad Season 4, Episode 8
I didn't ask him to be my Hand
simply because he was good.
Game of Thrones Season 8, Episode 2
Without a Hand,
everything will fall to pieces.
Game of Thrones Season 1, Episode 5
- Interesting question. On the one HAND...
- You don't even know what it is, do you?
The Big Bang Theory Season 6, Episode 1
his pension and the income
l bring in from HAND modeling,
Breaking Bad Season 4, Episode 3
English to Armenian Dictionary: hand
Meaning and definitions of hand, translation in Armenian
language for hand with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of hand in Armenian and in English language.
Tags for the entry 'hand'
What hand means in Armenian, hand meaning
in Armenian, hand
definition, examples and pronunciation
of hand in Armenian language.