վերելակ, բարձրացում, ամբարձիչ ուժ, թումբբարձրանալ, գողանալ
Noun(1) the act of giving temporary assistance(2) the component of the aerodynamic forces acting on an airfoil that opposes gravity(3) the event of something being raised upward(4) a wave that lifts the surface of the water or ground(5) a powered conveyance that carries skiers up a hill(6) a device worn in a shoe or boot to make the wearer look taller or to correct a shortened leg(7) one of the layers forming the heel of a shoe or boot(8) lifting device consisting of a platform or cage that is raised and lowered mechanically in a vertical shaft in order to move people from one floor to another in a building(9) plastic surgery to remove wrinkles and other signs of aging from your face; an incision is made near the hair line and skin is pulled back and excess tissue is excised(10) transportation of people or goods by air (especially when other means of access are unavailable(11) a ride in a car(12) the act of raising something
Verb(1) raise from a lower to a higher position(2) take hold of something and move it to a different location(3) move upwards(4) move upward(5) make audible(6) cancel officially(7) make off with belongings of others(8) raise or haul up with or as if with mechanical help(9) invigorate or heighten(10) raise in rank or condition(11) take off or away by decreasing(12) rise up(13) pay off (a mortgage(14) take without referencing from someone else's writing or speech; of intellectual property(15) take illegally(16) fly people or goods to or from places not accessible by other means
(1) This victory will give Sligo a huge lift in confidence.(2) The mid-facelift is performed to lift this soft tissue back into a higher more youthful appearance.(3) When you have to lift or flip the ball into the air, you bring more moving parts into play, and this hurts your feel.(4) He appeared to get his lift wrong and could only manage a snatched, weak mid-high shot.(5) The phenomenon increases the ratio of lift to drag for a wing.(6) Miss Green is giving me a lift back to school(7) Mrs Smith, 75, and her 79-year-old husband are both disabled and have adapted their house with a stair lift and electronic bath hoist.(8) He was a very private person but he would often give me a lift into Oxford if I was waiting for the bus.(9) A win to level the series would be remarkable and would also serve as a great confidence lift prior to their trip to New Zealand tomorrow, where they will compete in a five-match series.(10) When the clouds lift , you can see a patchwork of clearcuts and roads carved into the slopes.(11) We asked for an army helicopter to come and lift him out.(12) Fortunately I managed to get a lift into town and dashed home to change my ridiculous shoes.(13) Bright colors lift spirits, so give the black in your wardrobe a rest for the next two months.(14) They wanted a lift in her vehicle; there was no choice but to take them in.(15) When surgeons perform a facelift they lift the skin of the face and neck and expose a raw surface.(16) I had eschewed the offer of a lift from my parents, wishing to appear independent and a free spirit.
(1) lift up :: բարձրացնել
(2) to lift :: Ինչպես վերացնել
(3) lift weights :: ծանրություն բարձրացնել
(4) ski lift :: ski Վերելակների
(5) give a lift :: տալ վերացնել
(6) get a lift :: ստանալ վերացնել
(7) lift out :: բարձրացրեք դուրս
(8) lift-off :: բարձրացնել
1. push ::
2. a ride ::
3. boost ::
4. elevator ::
5. airlift ::
6. rise ::
8. nip and tuck ::
9. ski lift ::
10. raise ::
11. raise ::
12. boost ::
13. clear ::
14. cancel ::
15. amplify ::
16. plagiarize ::
17. face-lift ::
18. elevate ::
19. pilfer ::
20. hoist ::
21. repeal ::
22. airlift ::
23. rustle ::
24. arise ::
25. rise ::
lift, lifted, lifter, lifters, lifting, lifts
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
It happens to be
how women LIFT cars off babies.
The Big Bang Theory Season 4, Episode 23
Lift your arms.
Money Heist Season 1, Episode 10
but she can't LIFT a bale of hay.
Game of Thrones Season 4, Episode 3
Anyone can just walk in off the street
and LIFT our toilet lids.
The Big Bang Theory Season 10, Episode 6
The gods won't LIFT my curse.
Vikings Season 1, Episode 7
English to Armenian Dictionary: lift
Meaning and definitions of lift, translation in Armenian
language for lift with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of lift in Armenian and in English language.
Tags for the entry 'lift'
What lift means in Armenian, lift meaning
in Armenian, lift
definition, examples and pronunciation
of lift in Armenian language.