Noun(1) the property possessed by a sum or total or indefinite quantity of units or individuals(2) a concept of quantity involving zero and units(3) a short performance that is part of a longer program(4) the number is used in calling a particular telephone(5) a symbol used to represent a number(6) one of a series published periodically(7) a select company of people(8) a numeral or string of numerals that is used for identification and may be attached to accounts, memberships, etc.(9) a clothing measurement(10) a numbered item in a series(11) the grammatical category for the forms of nouns and pronouns and verbs that are used depending on the number of entities involved (singular or dual or plural(12) an item of clothing
Verb(1) add up in number or quantity(2) give numbers to(3) enumerate(4) put into a group(5) determine the number or amount of(6) place a limit on the number of
(1) Is it the numerator of a Bernoullian number , or one occurring in some continued fraction?(2) we have discussed the matter on a number of occasions(3) he had her work number(4) the library houses a large number of books(5) They have since completed the challenge on a number of occasions for different charities.(6) Stewart has come close to winning on a number of occasions and this is one major prize at home which has eluded him.(7) it was time for the next number(8) times without number it's happened(9) there were some distinguished names among our number(10) don't forget to number the pages(11) Christians in Basra are also grieving the loss of one of their number .(12) there are churches beyond number in the city(13) they go from one melodious number to another(14) he lives at number 76(15) Simply, step one involves estimating the expected number of substitutions per site accumulating between sampling times.(16) It's a good question, and as it happens, one of their number has come out of the closet today.
(1) serial number :: սերիական համար
(2) phone number :: հեռախոսահամար
(3) account number :: հաշվեհամար
(4) telephone number :: հեռախոսահամար
(5) odd number :: կենտ թիվ
(6) even number :: զույգ թիվ
(7) order number :: Պատվերի ՀԱՄԱՐ
(8) wrong number :: սխալ համար
(9) flight number :: ուղերթի համար
1. numeral ::
թվերի ներկայացնելը որեվէ դիսկրետ եղանակով
2. amount ::
3. group ::
4. song ::
5. telephone number ::
6. issue ::
7. turn ::
8. figure ::
9. add up to ::
10. calculate ::
11. assign a number to ::
հանձնարարել է մի շարք է
12. include ::
13. limit ::
14. keep down ::
15. list ::
16. come ::
17. count ::
1. eminence ::
2. figure ::
3. magnate ::
4. personage ::
5. somebody ::
number, numbered, numbering, numberless, numbers, numberses
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
Hint: He and Darth Vader
are tied for NUMBER two.
The Big Bang Theory Season 3, Episode 15
Forty-three is the NUMBER of calories
in half a cup of fat-free yogurt.
The Big Bang Theory Season 6, Episode 8
Rule NUMBER two in a marriage:
The Big Bang Theory Season 12, Episode 5
And by the... end of the semester,
by like box NUMBER five...
Breaking Bad Season 3, Episode 9
Okay, you've got my NUMBER.
Now give me the picture.
The Big Bang Theory Season 2, Episode 20
English to Armenian Dictionary: number
Meaning and definitions of number, translation in Armenian
language for number with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of number in Armenian and in English language.
Tags for the entry 'number'
What number means in Armenian, number meaning
in Armenian, number
definition, examples and pronunciation
of number in Armenian language.