գրավել, վերցնել, օգտվել, զավթել, նվաճել, տիրել, հասկանալ, ճանկել
Verb(1) take hold of; grab(2) take or capture by force(3) take possession of by force, as after an invasion(4) take temporary possession of as a security, by legal authority(5) seize and take control without authority and possibly with force; take as one's right or possession(6) hook by a pull on the line(7) affect(8) capture the attention or imagination of
(1) A decision to seize the opportunity they present could have a major impact on the left internationally.(2) The allies had made several attempts to capture it so they could go on and seize Rome.(3) The mechanisms often seize through lack of use, but with the wiper motor removed - a relatively simple task - it's possible to get to the problem areas and apply penetrating oil.(4) The right oil mix must be maintained or the engine will seize .(5) If you run out of oil, the piston cannot move up and down freely in the cylinder, and the engine will seize .(6) This is an opportunity they must seize with both hands.(7) he always strains to seize the most somber truths(8) If everyone thinks your ball bearings cause brake linings to seize up, then they do, regardless of what the truth of the matter is.(9) Logically, one would think that the church would embrace this opportunity and seize the chance to equip the saints for the work of the Kingdom.(10) To succeed, the scheme had to seize shoppers' imaginations and change their habits.(11) These numbers are so large that they may escape - rather than seize - the public's attention.(12) The Government has set targets for reducing CO2 emissions that we will stand no chance of meeting unless we seize opportunities to invest in renewable energy when we can.(13) Cooper writes about post-modern politics as an opportunity we must seize .(14) She felt an irrational anger seize her at this small disturbance in the palace routine.(15) After years of growing estrangement, cricket recognised its chance to seize the public's imagination.(16) he always strains to seize the most sombre truths
(1) to seize :: Ինչպես գրավել
(2) seize the opportunity :: գրավել հնարավորություն
(3) seize up :: Կդադարեր
(4) seize upon :: գրավել վրա
(5) seize on :: գրավել է
(6) seize power :: իշխանությունը զավթելուն
(7) seize the chance :: դնելու հնարավորություն
(8) seize an opportunity :: գրավել հնարավորություն
1. grab ::
2. capture ::
3. confiscate ::
4. kidnap ::
5. get hold of ::
6. prehend ::
7. sequester ::
8. assume ::
1. miss ::
seize, seized, seizes, seizing
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
a search and SEIZE warrant
of a pharmacy in Toledo.
Money Heist Season 1, Episode 10
Find her. Bar the gates of the city.
Seize every ship in the harbour.
Game of Thrones Season 4, Episode 3
Seize Winterfell and install someone
loyal to the realm as warden of the North.
Game of Thrones Season 1, Episode 3
you must SEIZE the Seven Kingdoms.
Game of Thrones Season 2, Episode 6
and SEIZE the throne for myself.
Game of Thrones Season 1, Episode 9
English to Armenian Dictionary: seize
Meaning and definitions of seize, translation in Armenian
language for seize with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of seize in Armenian and in English language.
Tags for the entry 'seize'
What seize means in Armenian, seize meaning
in Armenian, seize
definition, examples and pronunciation
of seize in Armenian language.