Noun(1) ammunition consisting of a cylindrical metal casing containing an explosive charge and a projectile; fired from a large gun(2) the material that forms the hard outer covering of many animals(3) hard outer covering or case of certain organisms such as arthropods and turtles(4) the hard usually fibrous outer layer of some fruits especially nuts(5) the exterior covering of a bird's egg(6) a rigid covering that envelops an object(7) a very light narrow racing boat(8) the housing or outer covering of something(9) a metal sheathing of uniform thickness (such as the shield attached to an artillery piece to protect the gunners(10) the hard largely calcareous covering of a mollusc or a brachiopod
Verb(1) use explosives on(2) create by using explosives(3) fall out of the pod or husk(4) hit the pitches of hard and regularly(5) look for and collect shells by the seashore(6) come out better in a competition, race, or conflict(7) remove from its shell or outer covering(8) remove the husks from
(1) she'll soon come out of her shell with the right encouragement(2) Fill the shell with batter and pour into the hot oil to make jalebis.(3) The building was a shell with the roof having fallen in and walls caving in.(4) It is a nursery of humanity that cares for blending values with education, moulds character with learning and supplies substance to the shell of symbols.(5) This one hatched faster than the first, fierce little claws punching through the fragile shell and scrabbling to get free.(6) The charred shell of this once-fine building has for too long been a blot on the landscape, holding back the regeneration of the streets around it.(7) Thankfully the fire crew didn't need to use their cutting equipment and managed to coax the tortoise out of his shell by poking around inside.(8) My uncle drives a sleek black sports car, shiny as a beetle's shell .(9) Thus far, you have an FTP client and a shell busily tidying up your home directory.(10) The soldiers found sarin gas in an artillery shell that exploded while bomb disposal experts were diffusing it.(11) Even when the shell of a vehicle already exists, as it did in this case, the vehicle-design schedule traditionally spans about three years.(12) Dragging his shell along, the turtle continues his journey.(13) My medical training exposed me to what a mine, a bullet, a grenade, an artillery shell or poisonous gas could do to a body.(14) he was a shell of the man he had been previously(15) The beauty of remodeling a garage is that the shell of the building - often with both electricity and plumbing - already exists.(16) The bushy head vanished under the cape, like a tortoise withdrawing into its shell .
(1) shell out :: Շենքերի բարակ տարածական ծածկույթների դուրս
(2) snail shell :: snail shell
(3) scallop shell :: խեցի վահանակ
(4) shell shock :: ցնցակաթված
(5) conch shell :: կոնք վահանակ
(6) sea shell :: ծով վահանակ
(7) empty shell :: դատարկ պարկուճ
(8) shell company :: Շենքերի բարակ տարածական ծածկույթների ընկերությունը
(9) cone shell :: կոն վահանակ
(10) coconut shell :: կոկոսի վահանակ
1. carapace ::
2. pod ::
3. projectile ::
4. framework ::
5. shield ::
6. plate ::
7. eggshell ::
8. casing ::
9. hull ::
10. bombard ::
11. crush ::
12. blast ::
13. husk ::
1. inside ::
2. interior ::
shell, shelled, sheller, shelling, shells, shelly
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
Give her half a chance,
she'll bury it in your face.
Game of Thrones Season 2, Episode 6
She'll make the right choice.
Game of Thrones Season 8, Episode 4
She'll maul you like a rabid wolverine.
The Big Bang Theory Season 2, Episode 20
I'm sure she'll come
to her senses and pick you.
The Big Bang Theory Season 11, Episode 12
Can't let her go.
She'll bring Mance Rayder's army down on us.
Game of Thrones Season 2, Episode 6
English to Armenian Dictionary: shell
Meaning and definitions of shell, translation in Armenian
language for shell with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of shell in Armenian and in English language.
Tags for the entry 'shell'
What shell means in Armenian, shell meaning
in Armenian, shell
definition, examples and pronunciation
of shell in Armenian language.