Noun(1) the body of faculty and students at a university(2) establishment where a seat of higher learning is housed, including administrative and living quarters as well as facilities for research and teaching(3) a large and diverse institution of higher learning created to educate for life and for a profession and to grant degrees
(1) We hear a lot about how much it costs a student to get a university degree in the UK these days.(2) His holidays from university have found him up on the release site, near Pewsey, working on maintenance of the pens.(3) She was also a university student studying in a really interesting course.(4) the university buildings(5) I went to university at the Sorbonne(6) That means that I have passed my peak, and many students in university are passing by theirs too.(7) I had three weeks left until university began and the need for one last venture overseas was becoming overwhelming.(8) I met up with an old friend from university this morning and we are headed out for a little trip.(9) At least one university is paying heed to what may be the reshaping of psychotherapy.(10) she's at university in Scotland(11) Get out and enjoy the artistic side of our often misrepresented university .(12) All members of the university administration refused to comment on this issue.(13) a university professor(14) On June 28, her daughter found out that her exam marks would qualify her for university .(15) He was born the son of a poor mill owner, and was the first in his family to go to university .(16) his daughter is at university
(1) university student :: համալսարանի ուսանող
(2) university degree :: բարձրագույն կրթություն
(3) deemed university :: համարվում համալսարանը
(4) private university :: մասնավոր բուհ
(5) open university :: բաց Համալսարան
(6) go to the university :: գնալ համալսարան
(7) enter the university :: բուհ
1. college ::
2. school ::
3. academy ::
4. institute ::
5. polytechnic ::
6. alma mater ::
7. graduate school ::
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
The president of the UNIVERSITY wants me
to meet him at his office at 8 a.m.
The Big Bang Theory Season 2, Episode 23
You're a physicist. You belong at the
UNIVERSITY doing research, not in your room.
The Big Bang Theory Season 1, Episode 4
...because my UNIVERSITY
was making me do string theory...
The Big Bang Theory Season 8, Episode 1
Like, go over to the UNIVERSITY pool
and play water polo?
The Big Bang Theory Season 6, Episode 4
You're summa cum laude in theoretical
physics from Stanford University.
The Big Bang Theory Season 6, Episode 3
English to Armenian Dictionary: university
Meaning and definitions of university, translation in Armenian
language for university with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of university in Armenian and in English language.
Tags for the entry 'university'
What university means in Armenian, university meaning
in Armenian, university
definition, examples and pronunciation
of university in Armenian language.